1. Your suit jacket should be long enough to cover your pant zipper and butt.
2. Keep the bottom button of your jacket or vest unbuttoned.
3. The top button of a two-button suit or the middle button of a three-button suit, should fall right on or above your navel.
4. Sleeve cuffs should be exposed by a quarter to half an inch.
5. Your belt should match your dress shoes.
6. Your tie width should match the width of your jacket’s lapel.
7. Your tie should be darker than your shirt.
8. Your tie should fall at the top of your belt or right above it.